List of Essential Documents required for GST Registration of Partnership Firm
To register a partnership firm for Goods and Services Tax (GST) in India, you need to provide certain documents and information. Here is a list of documents generally required for GST registration for a partnership firm:
- Photographs of all partners
- Partnership deed
- Partnership registration certificate (optional)
- PAN Card of partnership firm
- PAN cards of all partners and the partnership firm
- Address proof of all partners (Aadhaar Card/Driving License)
- Address proof of partnership firm (Shop Act. license/Udyam)
- Proof of appointment of the authorized signatory (Letter of Authorization)
- Proof of registered office address of the partnership firm
- Rent agreement or
- Property ownership deed and
- Office address Electricity Bill
- Digital signature of authorized signatory (optional)
- Bank account details of the partnership firm (optional)
The documents can be submitted only online on GST portal (www.gst.gov.in). The application for GST registration will be processed within 7 working days.
It is important to note that additional documents or information may be required depending on the specific requirements of your state or jurisdiction. It is recommended to consult the official GST portal or seek professional advice to ensure you have all the necessary documents and information for the GST registration process.
Here are some additional details about the required documents:
- Partnership Deed: A copy of the partnership deed, which is a legal document containing the terms and conditions of the partnership.
- PAN Card of firm: Permanent Account Number (PAN) card of the partnership firm.
- PAN Card of all Partners & Authorized Signatory: Permanent Account Number (PAN) of all partners.
- Identity Proof: Identity proof of all partners, such as Aadhaar card, passport, voter ID, or driving license.
- Address Proof: Address proof of the partnership firm, such as rent agreement, utility bills (electricity bill, water bill, etc.), or property ownership documents.
- Photographs: Passport-sized photographs of all partners.
- Bank Account Proof: Copy of the first page of the firm’s bank passbook or a canceled cheque.
- Authorized Signatory Details: Details of the authorized signatory, such as name, address, and identity proof.
- Letter of Authorization: A letter of authorization, signed by all partners, stating the name of the authorized signatory for GST-related matters.
- Digital Signature Certificate (DSC): In some cases, a DSC may be required for online submission of the application. However, this requirement may vary depending on the state or jurisdiction.
Email ID and Mobile Number: A valid email address and mobile number of the partnership firm and authorized signatory for receiving OTPs and communication.
Once the required documents have been submitted, the GSTN will process the application for GST registration. The application will be processed within 7 working days. If the application is approved, the GSTN will issue a GST registration certificate.